Don Lubin has received several awards for ecological activities:
1. On July 8 2006, inclusion in the Brighton Garden and Horticultural Society’s garden tour.
2. In 2007, the Charles Johnson Maynard Award as part of the Newton Land Management Committee team that surveyed Newton's parks and conservation areas and produced a database of species found. This database is viewable online at http://newtonconservators.org/masterlist.htm
3. A 2008 Green Residential Award from Boston Mayor Tom Menino, covered in the Boston Globe.
4. In 2010, an Environmentalist of the Year Award as part of the group that wrote the Newton Conservators Almanac.
5. The 2012 Fernald Award for best paper in Rhodora, for our article "Changes in the vascular flora of the Middlesex Fells Reservation".
6. The 2019 Charles Johnson Maynard Award from the Newton Conservators for ongoing efforts to discover, record, and educate about the pteridophyte diversity in Newton MA.